Cyber Security Specialist
Cyber Security Specialist
Key Purpose of the Role:
- To support the in-house security technologies to ensure that the platforms are active and delivering the most efficient protection and value.
- Monitor, maintain and manage each the Security Platforms on a daily basis working with 3rd Party Vendors to address Hardware/Software Issues.
- Working with and analysing security related output from in-house Security Technologies.
- Assisting in Security Incident Response activities, working with IT analysts to record and report incidents. Work incidents from inception to remediation.
- Management of Vulnerability and Application Scanning.
- Cyber Threat analysis, reporting and remediation advice.
- Recognise potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information.
- Documenting and communicating alerts to IT groups regarding intrusions and compromises to their network infrastructure, applications and operating systems.
- Assist with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls.
- Provide information to assist in creating and maintaining work instructions and other similar documentation.
- Role works closely with Enterprise Security function covering multiple Security disciplines with opportunities both within this group and later other groups of the Security team to grow, diversify and develop
- Contribute to the development; implementation and operation of a Security focused Service Model as the basis of operational activities.
- Implement world class security services to support WorldPay.
- Ensure that any strategy set within this Security function, adheres to the Corporate Security Policy as well as Compliance standards such as PCI DSS, FSA, ISO/IEC 27001 and SOX.
- Implementation and operation of a change and configuration model which ensures risks are mitigated and appropriate approvals are in place before proceeding.
- Ensure all operational processes implemented, follow industry best practices such as ITIL, Cobit and ISO/IEC 27001.
- Implementation and operation of Threat and Vulnerability program, ensuring that emerging weaknesses and risks are analysed and mitigated in a timely manner
- Event Management, including monitoring and log analysis strategy and operation.
- Documentation of Policies and Procedures that make up the Security model.
- Ensuring the Security Technologies are operating efficiently and effectively and are capable of delivering the service and levels of protection expected
- At least 3 years' experience working within Security Operations or similar department.
- Strong IT security background.
- Experience providing governance and validating compliance of internal and external teams providing Security services.
- Effective reporting with metrics demonstrating an increase in maturity and reduction in risk.
- Security Specialist will possess good oral and written communication skills; they should also be a capable of effectively monitoring and collecting information on security incidents from large organisations.
- Excellent knowledge of Windows, Unix, Networks, Firewalls and IDS monitoring and security practices
- Experience working with teams responsible for Security device management, Network security and zoning, Security monitoring , Host protection, Messaging security, Database security, Virtualisation security, Cloud security, Data loss prevention, Mobile security, Web & internet security and Messaging security.
- Experience working with security monitoring and correlation of events.
- Experience in the Payment Processing Industry, card processing and security of financial networks.
- Operational experience with following security areas:
- Anti Malware
- Vulnerability Scanning
Skills and Abilities:
- Valid industry standard qualification e.g. CISSP Certification
- Consultation skills working with project teams
- Have abilities in the following compliance areas e.g. ISO27001, CoBIT, PCI-DCSS, SOX.
- Skills and abilities related to database security and management i.e. MySQL, Oracle, Microsoft SQL, IBM DB2
- Networking experience, specifically; TCP/IP, LAN, WAN, Ethernet, MPLS, VPN, PKI, PGP, SSH, 802.11
- Platform related skills e.g. Microsoft Windows, UNIX , Linux, IBM Websphere, Microsoft Active Directory, Citrix
WorldPay provides a globally connected, locally coordinated Card Payment Processing service for business both large and small. Quite simply, we help businesses around the world to collect payments, using a swift, secure electronic payment solution. We operate in more than 40 countries - and today, we're one of the leading independent providers of safe payment services globally
Worldpay is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.