ERP Application Support Analyst job in Edinburgh
Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
|Company Name:|| CGI|
ERP Application Support Analyst |
CGI are currently searching for an ERP Consultant to join their Business World functional support team based in Edinburgh.
This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience of working within an Applications Management team, with exposure to clients, activities and technologies. Necessary training and knowledge transfer will be provided along with an opportunity to work with our experienced Application Support and Development Analysts.
Reporting into a Team Lead and Service Provision Manager the role will include:
* Work collaboratively with Finance, HR, Payroll and IS stakeholders (as appropriate)
* Blueprint business processes
* Design and configure ERP (Unit4 Business World) solution
* Facilitate development and integration changes with technical teams
* Design and facilitate automated job setup
* Participate in testing/validation
* Provide support for service requests and resolve incidents within SLA parameters
* Initiate the necessary actions and communications to ensure all relevant stakeholders are able to effectively contribute to the successful execution of application development delivery
* Works effectively through ambiguity
* May lead small Projects and Requests for Change (RFC) initiatives through the preparation of work plans, test plans, end-user procedures, and training
* Ensures that business application systems are delivered per quality, cost, and timing commitments
* Ensures that all application systems/changes implemented meet business user requirements, and are technically and are functionally sound
* Ensures that the application systems development methodology is used effectively across all projects under the incumbent's span of control
* Specifications into technical programming specifications
* Ensures proper application controls are built into system solutions
* Occasional working at evenings or weekends as necessary
The ideal candidate should have the following skills:
***Essential Skills Required***
* Expertise on an ERP Platform - SAP, Oracle, JDE etc:
* Knowledge of some of the following process areas
o Performance Management
o Skills Development
o Record to Report
o Procure to Pay
o Sales to Cash
o Budget to Control
o Asset Management
* Hands-on configuration skills
* Use of a standard ERP implementation methodology
* Experience is actively supporting clients after implementation project
* Excellent communication skills for dealing directly with customers
* Coach others to use a formal application development methodology
*** Desirable Skills Required***
* CIPD or Accounting qualification
* Knowledge of Local & Central Government
* Skills in Business Analysis
* Ability to document processes/procedures and configuration and develop formal test plans/test cases
* Knowledge of Unit4 Business World solutions
* Participated in an ERP implementation project with extensive support experience
* Experience of using Remedy or similar IT Service Management tools
* Knowledge of Business Objects and Midland Trent would also be an advantage. Your future duties and responsibilities
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
At CGI, we're a team of builders. We call our employees members because all who join CGI are building their own company - one that has grown to 68,000 professionals located in 40 countries. Founded in 1976, CGI is a leading IT and business process services firm committed to helping clients succeed. We have the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for our clients - and for our members. Come grow with us. Learn more at www.cgi.com.
This is a great opportunity to join a winning team. CGI offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. Benefits for full-time, permanent members start on the first day of employment and include a paid time-off program and profit participation and stock purchase plans.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.
|Salary:||£40000 - £45000 per annum + benefits|
|Salary and Benefits:||benefits|