Subcontract Manager job in Woking
Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
|Company Name:|| CGI|
Subcontract Manager |
CGI is a leading business and technology services company with 78,000 professionals across the Americas, Europe and Asia Pacific. We have the presence, expertise and complete IT services to meet clients' business needs anywhere, anytime and to offer our professionals challenging and rewarding careers. Learn more at www.cgi.com
CGI's Energy, Utilities & Telecoms business unit shapes and delivers solutions at the heart of GB energy markets. We advise on, formulate, deliver and service some of the largest and most business critical programmes in the sector. This encompasses all aspects of the value chain from upstream production/generation, through wholesale markets and networks infrastructure to downstream B2B and B2C supply and smart metering.
The Subcontracts Management Team supports the EUT business by providing commercial expertise in the negotiation of subcontracts for a variety of goods and services. The team handles any supplier arrangement where there is a requirement for bespoke commercial terms, material product modifications or complex professional services to meet specific programme requirements.
* Overall responsibility for ensuring that the business drives best commercial management practice in the life cycle of the subcontract, from award of the subcontract to ultimate closure and exit of the subcontract.
* Identify all delivery obligations within the subcontract.
* Work with Project Manager to manage the upwards and downwards commercial and contractual risks, such that all the subcontracted Delivery obligations are fulfilled.
* Responsible for ensuring that the business maximizes opportunities to reduce subcontract expenditure.
* Ensure that all changes to subcontracts are fully documented; impact assessed and contract Change notes prepared that minimize the risk of subcontract issues.
* Support the delivery teams who are responsible for the delivery of projects, including the subcontracted elements of delivery, and provide clear direction.
* Support the client engagement team in all subcontract commercial aspects, post contract signature, to achieve the orders, profit and cash budget and overall management of the Client relationship.
* Review subcontracts and prepare a log of all subcontract Technical and commercial obligations. Ensure that the project team and the subcontractor are aware of such obligations and any obligations CGI has to the subcontractor and how these impact on any client deliverables
* Ensure that all obligations are completed in a timely manor to ensure the successful delivery of the subcontract services
* Ensure that each subcontract has an exit plan in place, maintaining records of any hardware or software licenses that may need to be transferred on exit.
* Work with the project team to conduct and settle any legal claims and disputes pertaining to subcontracts within the BU's. Engage with the Senior Subcontract Manager and with Legal, seeking their guidance, approval or direct involvement as appropriate
* Monitor designated projects for subcontract commercial risk, and work with the project teams to initiate corrective action, where necessary.
* Work with the member responsible for Data Protection to ensure compliance with all relevant Data Protection regulation insofar as there is a necessity resulting from subcontracts.
* Keep up to date on subcontracting approaches and thinking.
* Undertake renewals of support agreements and work with Global procurement to ensure that such renewals are undertaken at the lowest cost.
* Ensure that project delivery teams are raising appropriate subcontract change notices and that leveraging change (additional charges, revisions to contractual obligation, etc.) becomes the norm and that any changes are reflected in the deliverables log.
* Periodically ensure that the subcontract is conformed to reflect the current commercial agreement.
* Provide support to the BU's and senior management team on best practise approaches to subcontract management
* Maintain good relations with the relevant subcontractorss recognising their importance to the delivery of CGI projects.
* Develop and maintain effective working relationships with your commercial counterparts in our key subcontractors
* Undertake regular review meetings with the subcontractors
* At least annually and upon closure of the project review the performance of the subcontractors with the subcontractors and the project and prepare lessons learnt reports.
* Understand and support the project in meeting or exceeding its delivery objectives
proven experience in similar role, subcontract contract management experience of complex implementations
Educated to Degree level; or equivalent professional qualification such as CIPS.
This is a great opportunity to join a winning team. CGI offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. Benefits for full-time, permanent members start on the first day of employment and include a paid time-off program and profit participation and stock purchase plans.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
|Salary:||£30000 - £40000 per annum + benefits|
|Salary and Benefits:||benefits|