Director Organisational Development - Strategic Business Unit job in London
Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
|Company Name:|| CGI|
Director Organisational Development - Strategic Business Unit |
The Director Organisational Development UK based role is part of the Global Culture and Experience Centre of Expertise (C&E CoE) and supports the UK Strategic Business Unit (UK SBU), which is comprised of approximately 5,500 members. The successful candidate will act as the Organisational Development lead (OD) and subject matter expert for the UK SBU leaders and HR Business Partners. The position will report directly to the Vice-President, Culture and Experience COE (based in Montreal, Canada), and will work closely with the UK HR VP, and the UK HR team.
Key responsibilities and objectives:
* Ensure alignment of OD strategies and initiatives throughout the organisation, as well as alignment to the CGI values, mission and objectives in order to accelerate, and optimise, organisational performance
* Provide thought leadership and solutions in support of leadership and talent development
* Provide subject matter expertise and solutions that may include: talent development and succession planning programs, tools and information related to Organisational Development, and specifically aligned with the overall CGI culture and member experience
* Work in close partnership with OD leads from other Strategic Business Units to deliver global solutions, whilst understanding and tailoring for specific local requirements for the UK SBU
* Contribute to the Global Culture and Experience CoE strategic initiatives
* Leverage internal member management practices (on-boarding, performance assessment, employee satisfaction assessment, career path, etc.) adapted to fit Corporate and business units (BU) needs across the UK SBU
* Evaluate the execution of OD and talent processes and make/propose improvements
* Collaborate with colleagues from the HR Integration CoE and contribute to merger, acquisition or outsourcing HR integration processes, including but not limited to organisational alignment and change management
* Lead and manage the Talent Management activities for the SBU, including talent reviews and succession planning, and lead the development of the strategy for overall Leadership Development within the SBU
* Develop collaborative relationships with key stakeholders to bring value and thought leadership to all stakeholders
* Contribute depth and breadth of HR knowledge and apply effectively in the development and deployment of HR programs, policies and systems.
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
* Relevant degree and/or HR related certifications
* Excellent communications and presentations skills
* Experience in managing both large and small scale change initiatives in an international context
* Experience in a consulting and/or international organisation
* Currently operating at a senior level within an HR organisation, with previous responsibility for a variety of Organisational Development and HR related initiatives
* Broad experience in Organisational Development with specific focus on leadership and talent development, succession planning, employee engagement, and change management
* Proven ability to think and act strategically, in a complex matrix environment
* Strong coaching and mentoring capabilities
* Proven ability to manage senior key stakeholders, with an excellent customer service mindset /consultative, working collaboratively to achieve the end goal
* Strong business and commercial acumen with the ability to make decisions that have longer term and far reaching implications
* Strong relationship building, influencing and negotiation skills; able to confidently deal at all levels of the organisation
* Ability to provide guidance and direction in developing all types of learning solutions (i.e. classroom, web-based) in accordance with sound design principles and business realities
* Ability to manage multiple projects for multiple internal customers and stakeholders
* Delivery oriented and results focussed
* Experience using survey and assessment tools to identify business needs and measure effectiveness of solutions
* Advanced knowledge of PowerPoint, MSWord, Excel and other MS suite of business applications
This is an amazing opportunity to join a winning team and a recognised Top Employer in the UK.
At CGI, we're a team of builders. We call our employees members because all who join CGI are building their own company - one that has grown to 68,000 professionals located in 40 countries. Founded in 1976, CGI is a leading IT and business process services firm committed to helping clients succeed. We have the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for our clients - and for our members. Come grow with us. Learn more at www.cgi.com.
CGI offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. Benefits for full-time, permanent members start on the first day of employment and include a paid time-off program and profit participation and stock purchase plans.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.
|Salary:||£65000 - £75000 per annum + benefits|
|Salary and Benefits:||benefits|