ThoughtWorks, a fast growing technology company with over 4000 people around the globe, is seeking a passionate Head of Marketing (UK) to develop the marketing strategy, execute end-to-end online and offline campaigns, monitor progress and lead a dynamic marketing team. Ranked #31 out of the top 50 brands in content marketing in 2014 and having 119K Twitter followers (and counting!), ThoughtWorks is a prominent B2B brand, providing an exciting environment for a marketer that wants to make an impact in the digital age. |
As the Head of Marketing in such an exciting place, you need to demonstrate :
- Eagerness to be hands-on in two main areas: the real world (events, community involvement, conferences) and the online world (media/social media, groups, forums)
- Confidence to be part of the ThoughtWorks UK leadership team. Marketing is your passion, but you're a leader first and foremost.
- Ability to develop and execute marketing strategy across UK, but also be the hands-on executor
- Confidence building strong relationships and partnerships with key business leaders, locally and globally, to help them shape the direction of our business; but also building a lean, engaged and collaborative team
- Appreciation of good visual design, and comfort working with our designers to get the right results.
- Ability to blend creativity, diversity, innovation and technology excellence at the core to help ThoughtWorks, our clients and our partners achieve our collective ambitious missions.
- Ideally you'll have previous multi sector - marketing technology industry experience in a B2B environment - shaping value propositions and ABM (account based marketing) solutions (non vendor product) with a demand lead focus (not defaulting to a traditional lead generation model.
…and this is who you are:
- You have been working in a tech B2B environment for 8-12 years and loved every bit of it!
- You love communicating and are able to connect with internal and external stakeholders from local developers to far-flung marketing colleagues. But are not someone who expects a drove of agencies to support you on strategy, or to drive your opinion. We're hiring you, for you, not for your vendor connections.
- You are a creative and innovative thinker and a self starter, but also understand the importance of collecting and analysing data, establishing facts, and making recommendations and above all decisions you stand by.
- Strong track record of positioning a brand and a good understanding of the IT services and technology industry.
- Strong leadership skills, proven ability to build, motivate, and lead team to achieve results.
- Experience developing and executing strategic marketing plans, monitoring performance and managing budgets.
- Strong background in digital content marketing with an ability to utilise the right content, at the right time, through the right channels to progress leads through the funnel
- You are fascinated by the rapid shifts in marketing and marketing technology, and you are not someone who spends months perfecting a beautiful plan. We work light and fast, our world changes too fast to plan years ahead.
- You are not a corporate animal and content to find your place in an ambiguous working environment. We don't have a hierarchy, so managing upwards isn't useful here, you will have autonomy and happy to be held accountable, you won't need to be told what to do. You'll be comfortable in your own voice, not hiding behind marketing jargon.
- You are able to deftly juggle multiple balls, organize, prioritise and reprioritize, and above all, believe in yourself. How else will all this be possible?
We work with people and organisations that have ambitious missions. With software delivery at our core, we specialise in digital product and service innovation. We help businesses make the organisational changes (advisory, delivery and service models) required to be successful in the digital era.
We do this on a bedrock of 20+ years as the industry leader in Agile and Lean software delivery. We have a reputation for having the world's leading technical talent, and have in recent years invested heavily in advisory, customer experience, design, innovation, and digital strategy. We are focused on helping the technology industry improve. We do this by writing books, blogging, running events, talking at conferences, and championing open source.